February 22, 2012

Sun Run Here I come! :)

I am currently training for a 10K in April called the Vancouver Sun Run. It is the second largest timed 10K in the world with a grand total of 60,000 participants per year. Is that cool or what?! I am so excited.

Yesterday in PE, I had the opportunity to test out my training thus far. We had one hour to make it to the slide (approx. 5K from the school) and back (10K total). My goal for the Sun Run is 48 minutes, but I knew that I would not be able to go quite that fast yet. My goal was to make it to the slide before we had to turn around! With much thanks to Heather and Andrew, who kept me motivated and truckin' along, we made it! Now I just have to shave some time off of it and I will be good to go!

This morning as I was replacing the water jug for the girls' dorm water fountain, I smooshed my finger in between the dispenser and the jug. When I went to pull my finger out, the jug tipped over! (It was one of the inconvenient ones that didn't have a handle.) And when the jug hit the wall, it EXPLODED! Right in half as a matter of fact! It was quite the predicament as approx. 5 gallons of water (mixed with dirt and aloe from the house plant that got in the way of the explosive jug) spilled all over the carpet. All of this took place before 6am, mind you. Needless to say, I am wide awake today. And I got a 2nd shower this morning. Haha Anyways, that's life these days. It's week of prayer and Nathan Renner is here. He's a great speaker and this week of prayer is just what I needed as I am trying to strengthen my relationship with God as much as possible before grad! Less than 4 months till graduation!!! :D

2 comments:

  1. Indeed it was! And guess what!!! Only 3 months and 29 days until grad weekend starts! WOO HOO! hahaha

    ReplyDelete