June 19, 2012

Senior!


Well, my parents will be here the day after tomorrow. The tent guys came and set up the overflow tents on the cafeteria lawn today. I took my cap and gown pictures this past Sunday, and graduation festivities will begin this Friday night. It's hard to believe that I am almost done with high school! It seems like yesterday that I was in the 5th grade and worshipped the ground the "big kids" walked on. How time flies!

I have recently decided that I will, in fact, miss Fountainview Academy. There are some things that I will gladly leave behind, but there are many people that I will carry in my heart as I go. I have learned so much about my Savior here, and about the Bible, and what it means to call myself a Christian.

I have also recently realized how absolutely terrifying this whole graduating thing is. I will be forced out of my comfy little Fountainview haven into the world that doesn't give a crap whether I live or die... Unless my death will make an interesting story for CNN - but even then, my death is mere ENTERTAINMENT, not tragedy.

I am not quite sure if I am ready spiritually to leave this place. I'm a baby Christian, no doubt. Would you kick your 2 year old toddler out of the house, just because it's potty trained? That's how I feel right about now... Like I'm just now figuring out how to stand on my two feet, but I'm being pushed out into the world where I'll be expected to run full speed ahead.

My biggest priority when I go home will be having my devotions every morning. Here lately it's been virtually impossible for me to have them... I'm SO busy packing, studying for finals, and trying to avoid combusting spontaneously due to the sheer excitement coursing through my veins. I haven't been home in 5 and a half months! I haven't hugged my parents, punched my sisters or slept in my own  bed for almost half a year! Crazy. So I am VERY excited. Just a little nervous about this whole growing up thing.

If you guys wouldn't mind, I'd really appreciate your prayers as I graduate. I'm going to a public university so that I can live at home (and avoid owing my first born child to student loans). I know that God has the strength to take me through it, I'm just a bit nervous that I'll have the strength to trust Him.

I love you all and I'll miss you, Fountainview Academy class of 2012! 5 more days till we walk across that stage and get our diplomas! YAY!

And for old times sake:

My parents arrive - 1 day 23 hours and 45 minutes
Commencement Ceremony begins - 4 days 17 hours 15 minutes
FINALLY HOME - 5 days 21 hours 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment